Thursday, March 21, 2013

The time I broke into a house.

So my week started out advenutrous.
 
One of my bosses nurses never showed up to work. She knew right away something was up. So I adventured over to this old lady's house to check on her. When I arrived, and made it into her house she was found on the floor.
 
She had fallen and was there for two days! Poor thing!
 
I was seriously SO freaked out. But of course you have to remain calm. So I talked to her and asked her what she wanted to do. She asked for my boss and I to take her to the ER. NO AMBULENCE!
 
In my mind I was like are you kidding me?! I have to pick you and your broken self up and carry you out to the car? I was positive I was going to break her more. So My boss and I had to dead lift this poor old lady off the ground and get her to the car. She was crying and in pain, and I felt so bad.
 
Lets just say she was sick to her stomach, and the outcome wasn't beautiful.
 
The whole 20 minute drive to the hospital was scary. I was waiting for her to pass out or die or something. (Maybe a little dramatic.) But it was insane!
 
We made it to the ER and I let the doctors take it from there.
 
I guess in the end I realized how thankful I am for family. This women has nobody here. She lives in this town alone, and if it weren't for us finding her, she probably would have died.
 
I am so thankful for my family. For life. For the small things. I am incredibly blessed.
 
(Oh, and the lady is now home and doing much better.)
 
And thats my story!
 
TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love: