Saturday, March 23, 2013

A visit from Mr. Handsome

It's only been like, three weeks since he left. 
& That blog post I promised never came.. till now!

Over his spring break he made his way to Utah.
It was his turn to meet my fam (finally!)
And see my stomping grounds.

Monday he got here late afternoon, and of course was super tired. We ran over to my mom's work so we could say hello and I could finally show off my super handsome man to everyone. Then I had to head back to work, so we picked the boys up from my sister (who was a life saver!) and took them home. The boys all did craft time together (that was a sight to see! lol) Then we went home, met the rest of the fam, and finally got a small nap on the couch. After hanging out with the fam for awhile we met up for a late night ice cream date with kiri and her awesome fiance. It was fun to hang out with a couple who met the same way we did (online). They didn't think we are insane like most people do! 

Tuesday morning we went hiking with the whole family. The weather was nice, and the company was great! I got a day off, which was so nice! We decided to go take engagements since the day we planned called for bad weather. (I didn't have a ring yet at this point). So we rushed to get ready, I put on my prettiest fake ring, and headed out to take pictures. In the back of my mind I kept thinking "He is going to do it... I know it!" But it didn't happen. Later that night we went out with the adults of the family on  date night to red lobster. It was great to sit around with my sister and parents and just relax. Again, I thought for sure he was going to get down on one knee. But it still never came.

Wednesday was a day full of meeting people. I think he was overwhelmed with friends and family who wanted to finally meet my main squeeze. Later that afternoon I hopped in the shower, and told him after I was laying down for a nap. (If I nap with wet hair I wake up with a the most insane head of curly hair you will ever see.) I laid down, fell asleep, and he told me he would be "back in a few". I vaguely remember telling him ok. 
Next thing I knew he was waking me up saying he 'needed me'. and little did I know that when I finally chose to get up, he was finally popping the question. I was so excited/nervous/happy/mad all at the same time. I cried, and giggle, and then I punched him for asking me when I said "just don't ask me when I look really bad".
So I refused to take pictures. So all we have is pictures of the ring on my finger. :P we rock at this stuff.

Thursday we spent the day cuddled up watching movies. It was probably one of my favorite days!

Friday I woke up feeling like I was getting sick. But I had the day off again, and I wanted to go out since it was his last day. We took my ring in to get resized, grabbed lunch, and went to target and walmart and looked around for stuff we wanted for our future apartment. It was so great. In that moment I think it hit me, "wow.. I am spending forever with my best friend. I'm getting married!!!". It was awesome! By the time we got home I was running a fever and I couldn't even focus. My throat was on fire, my eyes were watering, nose was running, and I couldn't stop coughing. I was miserable. So we cancelled our dinner plans, he made me chicken parm, and we laid in my bed cuddled up watching a movie. We both fell asleep pretty early.

Then we had to wake up at 3:30 AM to get him to the airport. I was so sick I didn't even know what to feel! It didn't hit me till I was hugging him goodbye that he was leaving me for three months again. I didn't want to let him go!

I think that was the hardest goodbye. So hard that on the way home I didn't cry. I was numb. I just sat there...

It was a great week! So fun, and so great to see him finally get to know my family. I cannot wait for him to get back out here at the end of june!

And thats my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love: