Thursday, July 18, 2013

The hardest thing I've ever loved to do.

Being a Nanny is quite possibly the greatest decision I ever made. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. But it for sure is the biggest blessing I have ever recieved.

A year and a half ago, I never thought Two little boys would teach me so much.

What being a nanny taught me:

- Being a "mom" is hard.
 It's not just feed, entertain, and sleep. It's spit up, poopy diapers, hours of crying, and bottle feedings at 1 AM. It's fights with friends, hurt feelings, temper tantrums in the middle of walmart. It's nightmares, sick days, school meetings, doctors appointments, and unexpected trips to the ER. It's swim day's, scraped knees, and time out time.
It's putting everyone and everthing before yourself. You have to  be completely Unselfish. Their life, is in the hands of yours.

- It's ok to cry.
Sometimes, when you have a bad day, it's ok to lock yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes, ugly cry, and pull yourself together. You'll feel better.

- Kindness wins- every time.
On the day's when you have been told "Youre dumb" One too many times, and you want to turn around and yell back at them. You need to turn around, love them (even if kicking and screaming) and say, "Well I think you are awesome!"

- I can do hard things.
There have been many times when I have said "I can't do this!". But in the end I learned I can. I can do hard things. I can do scary things. I can do anything I let myself do.

- Laughter is the best cure for a bad day.
Seriously though, have you heard a childs laughter?? It can instantly make your day.


I'm sure there are a million more reasons. But those were the one's I thought of immediately.
As the months have turned into weeks, and the weeks have turned into day's, I realize how attached I am to these two sweet boys. They have taught me far more then I have ever taught them, and I am so thankful for the blessing they have been In my life. Goodbye will be far too hard to say to them, so I am saying it's "see you later", even if it's a few years.

Thanks Kole and Rhett, for being the hardest thing I've ever loved to do. I love you  both to the moon and back!

1 comment:

  1. Love how much joy are in all the pictures! You embrace life so wonderfully! Keep it up you gem!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love: