Saturday, August 17, 2013

Newlywed life

You would think that since I don't have a job, I would blog more.
But I don't.
I really have been trying to just get my apartment looking more home-y.
Taking care of my sick husband.
& Getting use to the new city I live in.

Cincinnati isn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have to admit... I came here kicking and screaming (Not literally.. but I didn't want to come!). It is still a big culture shock for me. I am not use to so many different people, so many cars, so many sounds all in one place.

And can we talk about the humidity for a second? I seriously can't even do my hair or makeup anymore.. so if anyone ever see's me. I promise I do not normally look like a bum.

My house is in a nice area, I can walk up the street to campus, up past Campus to Uptown where the "cool kids" apparently hang out, or down the street to Ludlow Avenue that has cute little shops, a million Indian restaurants, and the yummiest Ice cream shop that has to die for peanut butter brownie Ice cream. There are "woods" down the street.. but apparently you shouldn't go in them. I'm not sure why though... It has a park and a pond and some other random things. It's really green.. and pretty. And I may or may not have taken a walk in them the other day and didn't feel threatened. Ha ha!

On a random note, on my walk home today There were four deer just chillin next to the sidewalk. I was half startled, half excited. I didn't know deer lived in the city.. but thats cool... I like wildlife!

Seriously though guys, newlywed life rocks. It's different, but it is a blast!

Pictures of my house will follow soon.. when I don't have boxes and suitcases still full of clothes hanging around! ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love: